We're here to help you keep moving
Very suddenly we find ourselves in a very different time. We hope you are all safe and well and that we are able to help you to keep collaborating and engaging with your teams. It is worth stressing at this stage - we're working flat out to deliver improvements to the platform.
I usually end these blogs with this message, but if wherever you are in your journey with axis (evaluating & trialling or using for the 10th to 100th time), please do not hesitate to contact us if you have feedback, thoughts or just want a chat. We are available;
We'd be delighted to hear from you.
Now, on to our usual updates!
Big changes to our free version
As we announced last week, we have made some significant changes to what you can do with a free account.
- All generally available methods are available to free users - so you really can get your hands dirty and see what platform can do
- Free tier workshops are now reduced to 3 participants - enough to test or lightly use, but not so much our hosting charges go through the roof without our costs being covered!
We stress again; no participants do not need an account to join a workshop on Axis. We want it to be easy for participants to participate, wherever or whoever they are.
Other new features
We've had a month where we've delivered a lot of smaller things. These include;
- New methods: SWOT is now available in beta in the create phase, and Risk Matrix is fully available in the frame phase
- IE is no more: following on from this post in November 2019, we've now removed support for IE on the facilitator side as well. Equally, the re-vamped Edge is great and is available on all operating systems, not just windows - check it out!
- The facilitator gone-away timeout has been increased to 90 seconds
- Paid users now have access to your subscription information on your profile. From here you can download your invoices, change your payment method or schedule the downgrade of your subscription.
We've so many new things coming soon, I felt it would be easier to talk about what's in the next few days and weeks, and then a glimpse on the longer term pieces in the pipeline!
Coming in days:
- Creative Matrix will be generally available. We love this create method, and we've had some great input from our beta users who have been vocal about it since we first made it available to them at the end of last year.
- Dot voting with Forced Ranking and Dot voting with 2D Matrix will be fully available to all users. These can help you run a workshop which creates loads of ideas, but still get to evaluation methods which encourage detailed consideration.
- Finish the sentence will be available in beta in the create phase.
- Change the evaluation method in Orthodoxies. For our frame methods, we will be opening the ability to choose which evaluation to use before setting your themes, including the option of no evaluation. We also plan to extend this to the other frame methods in due course.
Coming in weeks:
- Copy a workshop: The most requested feature of recent weeks. It will be here soon.
- Participant access through a Link or QR Code: We have tried to make it easier to join a workshop for a participant, we anticipate this will make it easier again.
- Loads of templates: We're working on releasing a whole pile of new workshop templates.
Also on the radar:
- Preview a workshop: See how your workshop will look and behave before you run it
- An affinity mapping method, which will ask your participants to map ideas to each other and then suggest affinities to discuss
- Much wider export functionality, including images and different export formats
If there's anything you need or want to see - once again - please don't hesitate to give us a shout.